This page pertains to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students who wish to take a NetMath® self-paced course.
CR/NC Option for Illinois Matriculating Students
- Illinois students who enrolled in a NetMath course on or before March 27, 2020 may apply the CR/NC option to their NetMath course.
- Please contact your College Advising Office regarding how to apply the CR/NC option to your NetMath course.
- Students who enrolled in a NetMath course after March 27, 2020 may not use the CR/NC option for the course.
- NetMath cannot process a CR/NC option on behalf of students, and we also cannot advise students whether they should/should not choose this option.
- The registrar’s office is reaching out to campus advisors with guidelines for advising students about CR/NC. Please contact your advisor directly if you have any questions.
- If you are eligible and wish to elect the CR/NC for your NetMath course, you must contact your College Advising Office by April 30, 2020.
Please Note: Students currently registered in a University of Illinois Graduate Degree program will be restricted from registering in 16-week Academic Year-term NetMath courses. Matriculating UIUC Grad students will be allowed to register in Summer Semester NetMath courses.
Degree-seeking students at the University of Illinois may take a NetMath course during the Academic Year (AY) term or during the Summer term. Compare these options Here.
Register in a Summer term NetMath course via Student Self-Service https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/
UIUC degree-seeking students may register for a self-paced, AY term NetMath course using the form at NetMath Registration Form. Note: Non-degree students will also use the same form to register in a NetMath course.
- Upon receiving your registration form and confirmation of intent to enroll, our registrar at the Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning (CITL) will contact your College for approval.
- Your College will review the approval request to see if you meet the stated prerequisites and other criteria specific to your College. CITL will process your NetMath course registration after receiving college approval. Note: If the approval request is denied, you will be informed of the reason and the office to contact.
- NetMath self-paced courses are offered in the Academic Year term and do not count toward your semester credit load.
- During certain times of the year, such as the end of the Spring semester, colleges take longer to respond to approval requests. This causes delays in processing your NetMath course registration. College advisors may be waiting on final course grades for the semester and busy with graduating students. We strongly suggest students keep this in mind when submitting their registration requests and plan accordingly. We encourage you to submit your request at least two weeks in advance of your desired course start date.
Placement Scores: Math 112, 115, 220, and 234
All degree-seeking University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students enrolling in Math 112, 115, 220, or 234 are required to obtain a minimum ALEKS PPL placement score of 40% (Math 112), 65% (Math 115 and Math 234) or 80% (Math 220). AP credit and previous coursework do not satisfy nor exempt you from this requirement. For more information, please visit the ALEKS page.
Matriculating Illinois students have to pay the same tuition as non-UIUC students for the 16 week Academic Year (AY) term NetMath courses. These courses are offered for on-demand enrollment as self-paced options, therefore they are billed separately from your University of Illinois undergraduate tuition charges. Most types of financial aid do not apply to these sections because they are not semester based. Certain types of tuition assistance, such as those offered by the US Military, may apply. If you have questions regarding financial aid eligibility, please contact the campus Office of Student Financial Aid at: 217-333-0100 or email@example.com
Visit On Campus Proctoring for more information.
GPA and Transcript
NetMath courses are for credit and count towards your GPA. The course will appear on your transcript with the same name as a mathematics course you would take on campus. It will be listed under Academic Year courses.
In addition to self-paced courses, NetMath also offers term-based courses during Summer Semester. Click here for more information about NetMath summer courses.
A NetMath course can be used for grade replacement. However, it's your responsibility to sign up for grade replacement soon after registering for the NetMath course. Please consult the undergraduate office of your home department for more information. Note that a grade replacement request can be rejected, and your college office will have information about such exceptions.