NetMath IT - Frequently Asked Questions
Activate (Claim) Your NetID
Once your NetMath course enrollment is processed, you will need to claim your NetID and set your NetID password (visual instructions). Please enter your University Identification Number (UIN) and Activation Code at the following website: http://netidclaim.illinois.edu/. (Your UIN and Activation Code will be contained in the 'NetMath Welcome Email' that is sent to you when your course registration has been completed.) During the process of claiming your NetID you will set up your University (@illinois.edu) email address. The NetID will serve as your username for your Illinois email (example: NetID@illinois.edu) and other additional University websites, including Enterprise ID, billing, transcript records and course materials.
The process to access your email will depend on whether you are enrolled as a Graduate or Undergraduate student. Please follow the steps on the page to complete the process. If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
2FA - Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Commonly asked questions regarding 2FA.
2FA - Getting started with Duo
Getting Started with 2FA Enrollment.
2FA - How to enroll in 2-Factor Authentication from off campus
Step by Step guide on how to enroll in 2-Factor Authentication from off campus.
2FA - How to set default device & automatic authentication method:
Step by Step guide on how to set your default device and automatic authentication method.
A small portable device, called a hardware token, can be obtained to allow you to authenticate through 2FA. Please see https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=3387 for further information. It works when you go to a page login, you click Send a Passcode, the code is sent to the token, and then you enter a 6 number code from the token to authenticate the login. More information can be found at: https://answers.uillinois.edu/systemoffices/internal/page.php?id=86211
Note: Using a temporary pass code is intended for situations where you do not have access to your authentication device, or when you are in a testing center. It is not intended for everyday logins. More information can be found at: https://answers.uillinois.edu/systemoffices/internal/page.php?id=85687
To set up your @illinois.edu school email please follow these steps:
1. Claim Your NetID - To claim your NetID and set your NetID password (visual instructions), please enter your University Identification Number (UIN) and Activation Code at the following website: http://netidclaim.illinois.edu/.
Your NetID will serve as your username for your Enterprise ID and other additional University websites, including billing, transcript records and course materials. (Your UIN and your Activation Code will be contained in the NetMath Welcome Email' that is sent once your course registration has been completed.)
2. Activate @Illinois.edu Email account - Once you claim your NetID your @illinois.edu email account will be set up. To activate your University Email address follow the instructions at: https://techservices.illinois.edu/content/your-university-email-account-students. We prefer that you use this email address to communicate with us. Your billing information will only be sent to this address.
If you continue to experience trouble claiming your NetID or activating your @illinois.edu Email account, please contact us back at NetMath. You may also directly contact Tech Services at: 217-244-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tech Services manages all University NetID's and Email accounts, and they can assist you in making any changes needed to your account.
Why am I not receiving email at my @illinois.edu account?
Your @illinois.edu email may be set up to be forwarded to your personal email account. If this is the case you should be receiving your messages in your personal account (your personal account may be routing your messages to a spam folder). If you wish to change the Email forwarding setting please go to https://partnercomputing.illinois.edu to make the change. (It is strongly recommended that students use their university accounts instead of forwarding to a personal email address.) Once forwarding has been setup though https://partnercomputing.illinois.edu, students can ensure their university email is being delivered to the correct address by going to ede.cites.illinois.edu
**Please note: Once email forwarding changes have been applied, it may take up to four hours to take full effect.
For assistance in making this change to your account please contact Tech Services directly at: 217-244-7000 or email@example.com
What is Box.com?
The University of Illinois has partnered with Box.com to provide faculty and students an easy way to store and share files in the cloud. In NetMath, we primarily use Box.com to communicate assignment and exam feedback to students, usually in the form of scanned PDF files.
We recommend that you set up your U of I Box.com account soon after you claim your NetID.
How do I set up my Box.com account?
Follow the steps below.
- Go to: https://box.illinois.edu
- click "U of I Box Sign up page" under "New User".
- You may be redirected to a login screen. Select University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and then use your NetID and AD password to log in.
- Once you log in you can enable your Box account for the cloud application by simply pressing the "On" button.
That's it! Once you complete these steps, you'll then be able to go to http://uofi.box.com, log in, and view your Box.com folders and files.
What if there's nothing in my Box.com folder?
Don't worry - you'll probably sign up for your Box.com account before we get a chance to share folders with you.
U of I Box Accounts, Personal and Enterprise Account Conflict
If you cannot login to U of I Box using your NetID and password, your illinois.edu email address may be associated with an unmanaged, personal account.
An unmanaged account must be accessed with a Box-specific password. You can regain access to an unmanaged, personal Box account using the password reset form at https://account.box.com/login/reset
You may request your account be joined to the enterprise by contacting Tech Services or you can do it yourself if your personal account is still active:
- Sign into your Box account.
- Click your name/picture in the top right corner.
- Click "Account settings" from the pulldown menu.
- From the "Account" tab, scroll down to "Login and Email Addresses"
- Click "Add more emails"
- Add a different email address and click "Save" (You might need to make it the primary before you can remove the @illinois.edu address).
This will free up your Illinois e-mail so that you can setup an enterprise account from here : https://cloud-dashboard.illinois.edu
Your managed, enterprise account will have unlimited online storage quota and requires your NetID and password to authenticate.
What if I have trouble setting up my Box.com folder?
Box.com is supported by Tech Services please contact them by phone at: 217-244-7000 or online at: http://techservices.illinois.edu/get-help
Proctorio and Respondus System Requirements
Note: Proctorio requires use of the Chrome web browser. Please make sure you have the latest version of Chrome installed prior to taking an exam via Proctorio. Additional information is available at https://proctorio.com/ and also within the exam taking instructions inside your NetMath course.
|Operating System||Windows 7 + (Windows RT may not be supported)||macOS 10.11+||Ubuntu 18.04+||Chrome 58+|
|Processor||Intel Pentium or better||Intel||Intel Pentium or better||Intel or ARM|
|Free Disk Space||250 MB||250 MB||250 MB||250 MB|
|Free RAM||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||1 GB|
|Upload Speed||0.092 Mbps - 0.244 Mbps|
|Microphone||Any Microphone, either internal or external (may or may not be required)|
|Webcam||320 x 240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external (may not be required)|
- If you are seeing a screen like this one below, Proctorio is not running properly. If you select the green puzzle piece immediately before starting the exam/system check and still see the message when you go to open the exam//check, you will need to check to be sure you have the most recent version of Chrome, and the most recent version of the Chrome extension. Also try restarting your computer and/or uninstalling and reinstalling the Proctorio extension for Chrome.
2.) Once Proctorio is running and students open Exam System Check or any other exam, they will see a message like the one below. This can be confusing as it still appears as though you need a password. However, Proctorio is configured to enter the password and you should be able to select "Attempt Now" to begin your exam.