What is Box.com?
The University of Illinois has partnered with Box.com to provide faculty and students an easy way to store and share files in the cloud. In NetMath, we primarily use Box.com to communicate assignment and exam feedback to students, usually in the form of scanned PDF files.
We recommend that you set up your U of I Box.com account soon after you claim your NetID.
How do I set up my Box.com account?
Follow the steps below.
- Go to: https://box.illinois.edu
- click "U of I Box Sign up page" under "New User".
- You may be redirected to a login screen. Select University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and then use your NetID and AD password to log in.
- Once you log in you can enable your Box account for the cloud application by simply pressing the "On" button.
That's it! Once you complete these steps, you'll then be able to go to http://uofi.box.com, log in, and view your Box.com folders and files.
What if there's nothing in my Box.com folder?
Don't worry - you'll probably sign up for your Box.com account before we get a chance to share folders with you.
U of I Box Accounts, Personal and Enterprise Account Conflict
If you cannot login to U of I Box using your NetID and password, your illinois.edu email address may be associated with an unmanaged, personal account.
An unmanaged account must be accessed with a Box-specific password. You can regain access to an unmanaged, personal Box account using the password reset form at https://account.box.com/login/reset
You may request your account be joined to the enterprise by contacting Tech Services or you can do it yourself if your personal account is still active:
- Sign into your Box account.
- Click your name/picture in the top right corner.
- Click "Account settings" from the pulldown menu.
- From the "Account" tab, scroll down to "Login and Email Addresses"
- Click "Add more emails"
- Add a different email address and click "Save" (You might need to make it the primary before you can remove the @illinois.edu address).
This will free up your Illinois e-mail so that you can setup an enterprise account from here : https://cloud-dashboard.illinois.edu
Your managed, enterprise account will have unlimited online storage quota and requires your NetID and password to authenticate.
What if I have trouble setting up my Box.com folder?
Box.com is supported by Tech Services please contact them by phone at: 217-244-7000 or online at: http://techservices.illinois.edu/get-help